Maintaining a balanced, healthy lifestyle is not only necessary for feeling your best, but also looking your best! Incorporate these things into your daily lifestyle for a more gorgeous you, naturally!
- Antioxidants - not only necessary for strengthening your immune system, but for important for keeping skin looking young. They help block the effects of free radicals, as well as help to repair damaged tissue. Green Tea, Blackberries, Blueberries, Strawberries and Plums all contain high levels of antioxidants.
- Healthy Oils & Fats - Omega 3 and fatty acids such as DHA, EPA & ALA are essential for glowing, healthy skin, hair and nails... They help to repair dry, dull skin and hair, decreases hair shedding, and strengthen brittle nails. Flaxseed, Olive Oil, Almonds, Pumpkin Seeds, Walnuts, Canola Oil, Seaweed and Salmon are some of the best places to get your intake.
- Vitamin A - This is absolutely essential for beautiful skin... fruits and veggies that contain a high amount of Vitamin A are apricots, cantaloupe, carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, watermelon, tomatoes, grapefruit and mango.
- Vitamin C - Another essential vitamin for healthy skin. Fruits and veggies that have high levels of Vitamin C are pineapple, broccoli, guava, lemon, bell peppers, and blackberries.
- Vitamin E - Essential for healthy skin, and for protecting skin from harmful sun exposure and damage from sun exposure. It also helps in the formation of red blood cells. Foods such as avocados, kiwis and grape leaves are all good sources of Vitamin E.
- Hydrate - Drink plenty of water. Your body needs water for optimum physiological functioning. Drinking enough water will help to flush out toxins, and clear your complexion. I like to add freshly squeezed lemon juice to a glass of room temperature water at least twice a day. It helps your body to detox, while improving digestion, and hydrating skin.
* In addition to incorporating these things into your diet, you should also be mindful of the amount of refined sugars and carbs (pasta, white bread, etc) that you eat... They can cause pre-mature aging and breakouts, make your skin look dull, and increase fluid retention. You don't have to stop eating these things completely, but moderation is key. Using organic honey is a great replacement for refined sweeteners!